Sunday 24 August 2014

Dangerous Decibels

Dangerous Decibels
25.8.14

Today I did Dangerous Decibels with the teacher Toni. She talked to us about our ears and she taught me lots of interesting facts about Decibels.

 I learnt that lots of different sounds like bass drum and MP3 can effect your hearing which is not good for when you need to listen. I also learnt that 85 dB are the safe levels and 130 dB can cause an instant hearing loss. 

 I enjoyed experimenting the tuning fork because I liked the funny sound that it made when you hit it lightly against the floor and put next to your ear, but not on your ear because it will damage your hearing and it would hurt. 

Here are some facts you may did not know: 
Up to 85 dB are safe levels. 90-120 dB may result in hearing loss. At 125 dB + pain can begin. 
130 + can cause instant hearing loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment